Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Friday, January 07, 2011

#86 of CFNY's Best 87 of 87, The Dolphin Brothers, Catch the Fall



As a huge fan of Japan, I was very saddened by this week's news of Mick Karn's death. After Japan's split, the very talented band members went on to other musical endeavors. Karn teamed up with Peter Murphy and Midge Ure, among others. David Sylvian has had a prolific solo career, also featured on CFNY. And Richard Barbieri and Steve Jansen (Sylvian's brother) formed the Dolphin Brothers, who released Catch the Fall in 1987. I seem to remember having a hard time tracking down this CD years later, but I don't think I've listened to it in at least a decade.

Bonus video: Mick Karn's collaboration with Peter Murphy, Dalis Car:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

Mick Karn was a wicked bass player. :(

That Dalis Car song is awesome, and I love the sequencer groove that lurks underneath that Dolphin Brothers song.

I like The Call's "Everywhere I Go."

The "87 of 87" list gets cooler the more I look at it.

Billy Idol? Yeah, definitely during that part of his career.

I don't think George Harrison, Grateful Dead, Yes, Sting, Roger Waters, Pink Floyd, La Bamba Soundtrack, or The Nylons belong on there either.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Karim Amir said...

Okay, that list you posted is full of WTF. Always hated the Grateful Dead. Pink Floyd, too. And I don't remember that Yes release.

I guess I can understand La Bamba because Los Lobos received their fair share of alternative radio airplay, or at least they did in the States.

My sister was a huge fan of the Nylons.

I had forgotten about Mick Karn's collaboration with Midge Ure until I wrote that entry. "After a Fashion" is a great New Romantic song.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home