Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Saturday, January 08, 2011

#85 of CFNY's Best 87 of 87, BoDeans, Outside Looking In

The BoDeans were yet another band I first discovered thanks to USA Network's Night Flight, when I saw the video for "She's a Runaway" from their 1986 release, Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams. Outside Looking In was released a year later. I always liked the band, but then again, I have a soft spot for this type of Americana.
Surprisingly, I can't find much BoDeans material on YouTube. except for live performances.



The band's claim to fame here in the States might be the use of their song "Closer to Free" as the theme for Party of Five, the show responsible for foisting Jennifer Love Hewitt on us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home