Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

#83 of CFNY's Best 87 of 87, Wire, The Ideal Copy



A few things about "Ahead"
1. Six people disliked this video? They suck.
2. I haven't seen Carlos, but according to some YouTube commenters, this song can be found in the movie. Awesome-sauce, as the youngins say.
3. I can't remember where or when I first heard this song. I think my first listen predated the CFNY countdown. Did I see it on 120 Minutes? Possibly. Rochester radio? Another possibility.

A few things about Wire:
1. Wire's latest album, Red Barked Tree, was released Tuesday.
2. I've had this odd ringing in my ear this week, so of course, I had to listen to this Wire gem:

But my favorite song on It's Beginning to and Back Again is "In Vivo."
3. I never heard their pre-Ideal Copy music until the late 90's. (Unless you count Elastica's "Connection." LOL.) Here's an early song of theirs:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

Six people?!? That ain't nothing. I just watched a video by an artist (okay, it was a Ke$ha video) that had over 70,000 dislikes.

Seriously, though, how you can you dislike "Ahead"? Oh yeah, that's right, by sucking.

Anyway, I first saw the "Ahead" video at something called "Industrial Video," a showcase for underground music videos that took place at an art gallery on Queen West back in the late 80s. It's seems strange now (you know, with YouTube and all), but there was a time, if you didn't have cable, when you had to leave your house to watch music videos.

I've had this odd ringing in my ear since 1995. :D

"If you don't got Mojo Nixon, then your store could use some fixin'"

Good call on Jennifer Love Hewitt being "foisted," as there's no way she was simply introduced into this world.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home