Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

RIP, Lux Interior

I've talked about Urgh! A Music War ad nauseum on this site and others, but I can still never express fully express in words what it meant to me growing up. So you can imagine that I was very sad to just hear about the news of the death of Lux Interior. The Cramps' performance of "Tear It Up" was definitely a highlight of the proceedings. The image of the energetic Lux wearing leather pants that barely covered up his privates while deep throating the microphone left an indelible mark on my memory.

I may have posted this YouTube clip before, but it deserves a reprise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

RIP, indeed. I was just watching a bunch their stuff this past weekend (even put a Cramps pic/youtube link in my sidebar). :(

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home