Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Monday, January 31, 2011

#79 of CFNY's Best 87 of 87, Manteca, Fire Me Up

(Sorry for the delay. Dealing with some unpleasant vertigo symptoms that have limited my time on the interwebz.)

Yum-Yum's comment from my January 5th entry:
"Who the fuck is Manteca? :D"

If the esteemed Mr. Yum, who had some great things to add about the really odd last entry, is asking who the fuck Manteca is, well, that speaks volumes about the band's uber-obscurity. Turns out they're a Juno-winning Canadian jazz-fusion band who reformed in 2007. (Odd to see a jazz-fusion band on CFNY's countdown, but their programming was always eclectic.)

See the rest of their Wiki page here:
Click to learn more about Manteca

And here's a video from around the time of their 2007 reformation:


And that's all I got. :D Sorry Manteca fans.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

Hope you're feeling better. :)

Have you heard of The Shuffle Demons? They were a local jazz-type band that got some play on CFNY in 86-87. Hell, they even had a hit single called "Spadina Bus.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Karim Amir said...

Wow, you can't get much more Canadian (or Torontonian) than "Spadina Bus."
Thanks for sharing.

I think I'm feeling better. :)

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home