Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

#72 of CFNY's Best 87 of 87, The Mighty Lemon Drops, Out of Hand

The 87 of 87 introduced me to this underrated band from Wolverhampton. I can still hear my mother: "The Mighty Lemon Drops? What kind of band name is that?"



Later, I would hear "My Biggest Thrill," which actually predates "Out of Hand," on Rochester's WITR.


"Into the Heart of Love" was once in heavy rotation on 120 Minutes:


Here's another great song.



Thinking about Wolverhampton makes me think of a friend I had while living in Germany. After I moved back to the States, and he went home to Wolverhampton, we exchanged mixtapes for about a year or two before losing touch. He was a big fan of the Tindersticks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home