Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Friday, March 04, 2011

#76 of CFNY's Best 87 of 87, Blow Monkeys, She Was Only A Grocer's Daughter

So, the guy who runs the totally kewl 80s blog Slicing Up Eyeballs does a show every week on Strangeways Radio. This week, he played a new song from the Blow Monkeys. New song? Madness!



Makes me wish for a Thrashing Doves reunion. Unlike the band featured in my previous post, I don't own any Blow Monkeys albums. Never did. However, I do own a 45 of one of my favorite songs of the 80s, "Digging Your Scene. Since that song now gets a good amount of airplay on Sirius/XM's First Wave, I could possibly become sick of it, which would have seemed unthinkable twenty years ago. (As I've groused about in this space here, the playlist on First Wave is horribly repetitive.) Whoever wrote/edited the band's Wikipedia page claims their best known song in the US is "You Don't Own Me," found on the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. Really?!?



However, I still haven't posted the song that was featured on CFNY's countdown that day. Here's "It Doesn't Have to Be That Way." Weird video. Not sure why there's a football player in it. Another movie-tie in tidbit: This song was in Police Academy 4.

Edit: Embedding no longer available. Here's "It Doesn't Have to Be This Way":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co8P6fN732U

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home