Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Sunday, March 06, 2011

#75 of CFNY's Best 87 of 87, Hunters and Collectors, Living Daylight

I have the 87 of 87 to thank for introducing me to the great Australian band, Hunters and Collectors.
Funny thing that this band's best-known song "Throw Your Arms Around Me" was adopted by Crowded House--H&C's lead singer Doug Seymour's brother Nick plays bass for the Crowdies.

Living Daylight is an EP that contains two of my favorite H&C songs. "Inside a Fireball" has a Midnight Oil vibe, which I'm sure will send my husband running in the opposite direction.


Later, I discovered another Living Daylights song, "January Rain," on the band's greatest hits compilation, Collected Works. This song is more Crowded House-esque.


The album Fate would be released Stateside in 1988. I always dug this song.
"In a blinding flash, I see the years go by."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

The Crowdies? Never heard them called that before. I like it.

For some reason, I recall there being a lot press for a Hunters and Collectors gig at the Horseshoe Tavern in 1988.

The Blow Monkeys entry...

Given your squeamishness for eye gore, I'm surprised you would visit a site called Slicing Up Eyeballs. ;)

Talk about kooky-talk, "Digging Your Scene" is The Blow Monkeys' most popular/well-known song.

I thought the first two Police Academy movies were the best movies of all-time... when I was 12.

I never got around to seeing the fourth chapter in the saga.

...

Did you watch The Genie Awards?

10:28 PM  
Blogger Karim Amir said...

I didn't watch the Genies, but I heard that Jian Ghomesi was there. I listen to his show on my satellite radio. And I heard that Giamatti won.

I think it's because the Dirty Dancing soundtrack sold a gazillion copies is the reason why someone would claim that "You Don't Own Me" is their best-known US release....let me think about it...yep, still crazy talk.

More band nicknames: Hunters and Collectors are known as Hunnas. :)

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home