Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

#61 of CFNY's Best 87 of 87, Public Image Limited, Happy?



Sirius/XM's 1st Wave plays this song WAY too much. (And while I'm ranting, I wish that they'd stop playing REM every hour.)

I much prefer this catchy tune from PiL, which I first heard thanks to Night Flight. The video was seriously trippy to my 13-year-old brain. But I liked the song enough to eventually buy the 12", and as I am prone to do with music I dig, I played it over and over and over, which drove my poor mother insane. Poor Mom. Dad, he didn't care as much, but he did pitch a fit when he heard the lyrics to Lydon's other band's song "Anarchy in the U.K." (Something about being sacreligious?)


Or what about this infamous appearance on American Bandstand?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home