Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

#63 of CFNY's Best 87 of 87, Yello, One Second

I admittedly know close to nothing about this band except that they come from the wonderful land of the Helvetica Confederation, and that darn "Oh Yeah" song was ubiquitous in the eighties. The late, great Billy MacKenzie contributed to this tune:



And this song predates 1987, but Billy MacKenzie was such an underrated New Waver.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

Dieter Meier of Yello used to be a member of Swiss national golf team. I learned this semi-useless piece of information listening to Brave New Waves in the late 80s.

"Oh Yeah" is still pretty ubiquitous (it's sampled on a Flo Rida song and used every time the Duffman character appears on The Simpsons).

My favourite Yello songs are "Lost Again" (the video features Jenny Wright) and "Bostich."

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home