Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

This is a Batman-free zone...

I am so frickin sick of talk of that frickin Batman movie. The best thing I can say about it is I hope Aaron Eckhart's career gets a boost. #1 on IMDb. Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

I'm grumpy.

Once again, the Emmy voters have screwed up and have not bestowed on The Wire the countless Emmy nominations deserves. One nomination for writing? That's it? Five years, and two nominations? Inexcusable. Boston Legal is better than The Wire? Uh, no.

Okay, so what good came out of the nominations? Not much...

Zeljko Ivanek--I can't say that I've actually seen any episodes of Damages, but Zeljko always does good work.

Stephen Dillane was nominated for his turn as Thomas Jefferson in John Adams. So were Tom Wilkinson (Ben Franklin) and David Morse (George Washington)--in the same category, so I hope their votes don't split. Honestly, whenever I saw David Morse in his GW makeup, I kept thinking of that Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode in which Shake's attempts to clone dollar bills wind up "reincarnating" our first president.

"Inner City Pressure" and "The Most Beautiful Girl (in the Room)" give Jemaine and Bret the honor of being called Emmy nominees, but I would imagine that they don't have a chance in hell against Sarah Silverman and her catchy little ditty "I'm F***ing Matt Damon."

Other thoughts:
Save FOTC, I don't watch any of the comedy series nominated. Come to think of it, I also don't watch any of the drama series (gave up on House and Lost).

Hmmm, what the heck do I spend so much of television-watching time on?

Anyway, my next Guys I Dig entry comes from that show those Emmy voters shamefully ignored.

#7--Aidan Gillen


Part of the fabulous Wire ensemble, Irish actor Aidan Gillen, previously seen on UK television on the original Queer as Folk and on Broadway in Pinter's The Caretaker , was convincingly Baltimorean (is that the correct demonym?) as Tommy Carcetti, ambitious city councilman turned mayor.

Next up: a role in the new Renny Harlin movie. With John Sena? Uh...


YouTube of the day: World Party, "Ship of Fools"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*gasp* You said "Up"!

Did you see Mamma Mia? And if so, is it worth my time?

I've never seen The Wire. What's worse is I have no idea what channel it's on in my area. I really dropped the ball Wire-wise.

I bet you're the only person who thought about Aqua Teen Hunger Force while watching John Adams. :)

Demonym would be the name of my heavy metal band.

I'm committed to Lost to the bitter end.

"Ship of Fools" goes well with your Batman grousing.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home