Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Of Field Mice and good-looking men

The Field Mice. Love this song.




#6--Raul Esparza
Raul Esparza losing to David Hyde Pierce at the 2007 Tonys is the Great White Way's version of Brokeback Mountain losing the Best Picture Oscar to Crash. (Serious stage-philes get really riled up when this perceived injustice is brought up.) Now, I've always liked Pierce, whose Niles Crane was one of the most memorable sitcom characters of recent memory. But Esparza is so unbelievably sexy and talented as Bobby in Company, that I was outraged after only seeing his Tony Awards performance To see (and hear) for yourself, here is the YouToob clip:



Esparza was also featured on a couple of episodes of Pushing Daisies, paired with another talented Broadway thespian, Kristen Chenoweth. Rumor has it that he will reappear next season and that he and Chenoweth might--fingers crossed--sing! (I kind of gave up on that show, which I found to be horribly cloying, but I'd tuned in for that duet!)
YouToob of Esparza on PD:


----------
What the **** of the day?
Some guy in Florida called 911 after Subway left the sauce off his sandwich. Um, okay, seriously? Here's what I don't understand. I eat more Subway than Jared, so I know the Subway ordering process. YOU tell the employee (sandwich artist, in their euphemistic terms) what you want on the sandwich. So if there's no sauce, it's your own darn fault! Sigh.

My sister, who spent ten years of her life answering 911 calls, told me once about a lady who called wanting to know what beans to put in her three-bean salad. When my sister firmly told her that the line was reserved for emergencies, the lady responded, "Well, it's three in the morning, so I didn't know who else to call."
--------------

Pictures of the day: Pics my hubby took in the US Southwest:


2 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

"Of Field Mice and good-looking men"

Nicely done. :D

The Field Mice have a definite Hugh_Grant/Karin Amir feel to them. Classy pop with a dignified air.

Is it okay if I get riled up whenever Raul Esparza's Tony loss is brought up? The clip you provided was pretty good evidence that there must have been some monkey shines afoot.

Raul doesn't look much like a Raul. He looks more like a Jeff or Steve. But still, he's quite handsome. Beard or no beard.

Oh, and I still haven't seen a full episode of Pushing Daisies. Which is weird, since I love cloying. ;)

Holy crap! The sauce incident caused me to make a genuine laughing sound. I'm without speech.

I guess the bean dilemma happened pre-internet.

Oh, and cool pics. I go to the Scarborough Bluffs whenever I get the urge to stand on a precipice.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Karim Amir said...

You may get riled up, and yes, I agree, he's very handsome. I see potential big-screen stardom in his future. (A co-worker of mine is similarly smitten with him.)

I like the actors associated with Pushing Daisies (Lee Pace, Anna Friel, Chi McBride, etc.) and it's well-done, but it's so darn silly.
I'd be interested to see what you think of it if you watch it.

d. and I have this joke that he likes to climb things. Me, I like sea level terra firma.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home