Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Really Bad Videos from the 80s

Dog Police, "Dog Police"



OK, I think someone who sees this video today will have one of two reactions:

1. For someone who has never seen this oddity, I could only imagine the following response: "What the fuck is this shit?!?!"

2. For someone like myself who first saw "Dog Police" on Night Flight (or for some people, MTV) over twenty years ago: "HOLY SHIT! IT'S THE DOG POLICE! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!"

Look at the comments. See how I'm right.

Seriously, this is one of the strangest relics of the eighties. My DH was trying to analyze the video's plot, but really it doesn't hold up to such scrutiny. It's too fucking weird.

Twenty years plus, I hear/see it again, and dammit, the chorus is stuck in my head. Woof, woof, woof, woof.

Monte Video and the Cassettes, "Shoop Shoop Diddy Wop Cumma Cumma Wang Bang"

Here's another song whose video I only vaguely remember from the early days of music video but whose chorus has stuck in my memory. Over the years, I've done Google searches, but to little avail. Why I didn't try YouToob sooner, I don't know. Well, here it is. Shoop shoop. It definitely doesn't have the weirdness factor of Dog Police, but it's catchy nonetheless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

Just when I'd thought the '80s had given all they had to give.

Wow, that Dog Police video is quite something. The part where the upright pooches in trench coats soar down the stairs in unison has to be one strangest things I have ever seen.

"Shoop Shoop Diddy Wop Cumma Cumma Wang Bang" on the other hand, is just a kick ass ditty. In fact, I'm adding it to my faves.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home