Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Favorite movies of the aughts, 69-60

69 Little Miss Sunshine (Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris, 2006)
68 Auberge Espagnole L' (Cédric Klapisch, 2002)
67 Crash (Paul Haggis, 2005)
66 Lost in Translation (Sofia Coppola, 2003)
65 Tropic Thunder (Ben Stiller, 2008)
64 Real Women Have Curves (Patricia Cardoso, 2002)
63 Namesake, The (Mira Nair, 2006)
62 Lives of Others, The (Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, 2006)
61 Catch a Fire (Philip Noyce, 2006)
60 About Schmidt (Alexander Payne, 2002)

------------
Wow, what a week in news, especially here in the Palmetto State!

4 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

Yay! The list continues. (I guess you needed some time to figure how to squeeze in Transformers: Rise of the Fallen.) *massively loud wink*

I've noticed a lot of films that feature female directors on your list so far.

Lost in Translation: the first of many Anna Faris films to make it on your list. ;)

(Wait, why am I winking? Brokeback Mountain has a legit shot at cracking the list.)

Haven't seen L' Auberge Espagnole, but I did see Cédric Klapisch's When the Cat's Away in theatres when it came out.

My mom hated Tropic Thunder.

Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck was an awesome name in 2006, and it still is today.

Apparently your governor is similar to a character from the Old Testament.

There's a garbage strike in Toronto.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Yum-Yum said...

Ooops, I meant to say, "Revenge" of the Fallen.

Oh, and my mom didn't "hate" Tropic Thunder, she just didn't think it was funny as say, you or I did.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Yum-Yum said...

Happy 4th of July!!!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Karim Amir said...

Brokeback didn't make it. :(
It was a last minute cut.

You know, I didn't notice the gynocentricism of my list before you mentioned it.

My mom actually liked Tropic Thunder. Surprised me!

Florian's name is just so damn regal!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home