Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Monday, June 08, 2009

My favorite movies of the aughts, 89-80

Okay, here' s the next batch!

89 Urbania (Jon Shear, 2000)

88 Mysterious Skin (Gregg Araki, 2005)
87 The Death of Mr. Lazarescu (Cristi Puiu, 2005)
86 Pianist, The (Roman Polanski, 2002)
85 Slumdog Millionaire (Danny Boyle, 2008)
84 Bright Young Things, (Stephen Fry, 2004)
83 Zodiac (David Fincher, 2007)
82 Queen, The (Stephen Frears, 2006)
81 Possession (Neil LaBute, 2002)
80 Kings and Queen (Arnaud Desplechin, 2004)


Here's a clip of Mathieu Almaric breakdancing in Kings and Queen. He's so awesome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yum-Yum said...

I was just thinking about Mysterious Skin earlier today. I was mostly wondering why it never aired on cable in my area.

I can tell The Death of Mr. Lazarescu is Romanian just by the title.

I remember using the words "fop" and "dandy" a lot when typing about Bright Young Things way back when.

Zodiac was surprisingly awesome. "Surprisingly" because I don't usually like movies about crime solving.

There's a factoid on Mathieu Almaric's IMDb page about his Polish relatives being from the same town as Roman Polanski.

Oh, and cool break dancing clip.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Karim Amir said...

I feel the same exact way about Zodiac. On a related note, I've developed an interest in serial killer documentaries on the Discovery Channel. Plane crash documentaries, too. I have issues.

I have two Romanian movies on the list! Oooo, a cliffhanger!

Almaric's name is brought up when people speculate who might star in a Polanski biopic.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home