Here Come the Swans

This, that, and the other.

My Photo
Name:

I like balsamic vinegar.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

YouTube vids...

The History of Adrian Borland and the Sound: A YouTube Montage


A few weeks (months?) back, I complained about The The's search-engine unfriendly name. The Sound's name isn't much better in that regard. (To make matters worse, there is now a band called The Sounds!) This isn't really a video, but a short PowerPoint-esque presentation I found when I searched for "Borland." Of course, I had to wade through a bunch of Limp Bizkit crap.

Now that you know the story of the band and the sad story of its lead singer, here's an OGWT clip from 1981. I actually found this at another site that's listed below.
The Sound, "Sense of Purpose"


The Teardrop Explodes, "Treason"


I wish YouTube had been around when I first started my 80s list. This great song was #43.

Peter Godwin, "Images of Heaven"

...and this one was #62. There were two versions of this video. This is the PG-13 rated version.

Jon Auer/Mark Burgess, "Tears"


Mark Burgess was in Atlanta on June 14th?!?!?! *&^&%&&@^%$#@!$%
Here's video proof. :( (Well, :) for the video itself. No matter, we probably wouldn't have been able to go anyway. Mark Burgess, if you're reading this, please come back to the Southeast soon. I missed you in 2002 and 2006. Don't make me wait until 2010!)
(In any case, in this live clip, Jon Auer covers The Chameleons' "Tears" and is joined onstage by Mark Burgess mid-song. This is so freaking cool.)

More Mark Burgess...

The Chameleons, "Second Skin" (Live)



-------
In the course of writing this entry, I found this neat website:
http://www.kingofbeaver.com/music_videos
Yum squared, you might like this.
-------
And Yum, this one is for you:

Front 242, "Headhunter"

Uh, WTF?!?!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of The Sound - but those are two nice songs (especially Sense of Purpose). Sad that he killed himself....

Did you ever listen to Trotsky Icepick? They were quite a favourite of mine for a while, but I've never run into anyone else that liked them. They seem like a band that you might like though...

8:11 AM  
Blogger Karim Amir said...

Hey Tim!
I commented on your last post, but I think RT must have eaten it. :(
Trotsky Icepick...um, it rings a bell. Let me try to jog my music memory.

How are the cats?

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got the comment... :(

*shakes fist at stupid RT*

The cats are doing well - all healthy and running around causing trouble. So that's good. Except for the trouble.

I like the new layout!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grrr - anonymous = Tim

*shakes fist at stupid blogger*

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Front 242. The egg motif of that video will never make sense to me.

If you want to find a The The video on YouTube...just type in the word 'Hertland'.

For some reason, the image of you wading through a bunch of Limp Biscuit videos amuses me. :D

What are you trying to do? Kill me? That link you supplied was insane! It's just oozing with 80's goodness.

Fave non-242 video out of this lot has to be the one by Teardrop Explodes. I love the way Cope sings "It's just a storrrrey!"

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home